The Future

Ever since I was a little girl, I dreamed of becoming a veterinarian. To that end, I have taken a both veterinary assisting and veterinary technician courses, and have volunteered at Whitehouse Veterinary Hospital, Alta Veterinary Hospital, Friends In Need Animal Rescue, and Ching Farm Animal Rescue and Sanctuary. I have given shots, monitored anesthesia, memorized skeletal systems, conducted physical examinations, performed dental cleanings, and experienced innumerable other facets of the veterinary field. My plans for the future are complex, but I have given then much thought, and my education requirements extend much farther than high school. I intend to study at Utah State University next year, where I will complete a dual major in pre-veterinary studies and nutrition (because, although my goal is to become a veterinarian, the science of nutrition is fascinating, and I hope to help my family become more healthy). During the summers, I will volunteer at my aunt’s clinic (Whitehouse Veterinary Hospital) and, after graduation, will search for employment as either a veterinary technician or a nutritionist. I will attend Cornell University immediately after completing my undergraduate studies to attain my Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine. After graduation, I will attain my certification as a veterinarian and enter into an American College of Zoological Medicine-accredited training program to prepare for the ACZM-given exam. After becoming ACZM-certified, I will either find employment with a zoo or travel abroad to help exotic animals. By implementing this plan, I will make my dream of becoming a veterinarian come true.
May 30th, 2011 at 08:19am