I'm a believer.....Kinda. And You?

I had a rather interesting experience Friday. I did something I've wanted to do for years, mostly out of curiousity. I've always been fascinated with the darker side of life, such as Wicca, psychics, vampires, goth, etc. Definitely skeptical about most of it, definitely don't buy into the whole eye of newt, wing of bat stuff, but I do believe in good versus evil. I do believe that there are people out in the world who do have certain capabilities that most people don't. And I believe that each person makes their own choice on whether they will use that gift for the good of mankind or for evil purposes.
Anyway, my experience. I went to a palm reader. I went in there skeptical, but I left believing that this lady was absolutely psychic.
She took me into a room with alot of mirrors and very tall candles. She had me sit in a wooden chair and she sat in an identical chair directly in front of me and a little too close for my comfort, but....She asked me to sit with my legs on the floor, knees touching together, and my palms face up on my knees. She then asked me to think of two specific things I wanted to concentrate on. I thought immediately of health and then I debated between love and happiness, then decided on love. Very generic, I know. And some of the things she said WERE things everyone wants to hear. But then again, she knew much more than she should've, having never seen me before, and asking for no information whatsoever from me. She told me very personal things about myself, things I don't even talk about to anyone.
After telling me to think of 2 things I wanted to focus on, she started by telling me that she could see that my muscles were tired, very tired. She told me I should be taking iron and a multivitamin daily and that my health would improve. Okay, now the odd thing here is that I have several health problems, one of which is lupus. Lupus affects the muscles. Some days my leg muscles are so sore that it really hurts to walk. I take medication for lupus. And I have multivitamins, but I am horrible at remembering to take them. Most of the time, I don't. And another thing is that I am anemic, I have a clotting disorder, and I have had a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in lungs, and I had to have a filter put in so that I don't get a blood clot in my heart or in my brain. Iron directly affects the blood. Odd that she mentioned those specific things. Moving on.....She then mentioned that she could see several bad relationships, one more lasting than the others. Spot on, yet highly generic. She told me that I wasn't supposed to be living here, she told me that I should be married and living far away. She told me that I should have 2 children, 1 boy, 1 girl. She said my daughters name and she told me that it was a tragedy. She spoke of my drug problem, she told me she knew it was really bad, almost disastrous, and got me in quite a bit of problem with the law. She told me that I had been unhappy for some time, perhaps as far back as a child. She said the last 3 or 4 years had been particularly bad. At this point, she was amazing me with this. Very true, all of it. Okay, back up to the children part. Strange. How? I don't get it. I've made mistakes, I made decisions I thought were right at the time, and I had an abortion. I regret it now. I've also miscarried, even before I knew I was pregnant. I've always wanted a child. I would saw off my left foot with a butter knife for a child now. But only twice have I been pregnant, knew it, absolutely knew without a doubt I was having that baby. The first time was with a guy that the only relationship we had existed solely in the bedroom. But I found out I was pregnant, and I was older and wiser then. I knew it would be hard, I knew that with this one, I'd be raising my child alone. But I was determined. His mother found out and one Sunday afternoon, I pulled into the driveway, and there she was, standing outside talking to my mom and dad. She tried to talk me into an abortion, went as far as to offer me money for that. I was rather insulted and thought that was just a bit over the top. I was pregnant, though, and in hormone hell, and perhaps I didn't say it to her quite as calmly and rationally as I could have. As it turned out, I miscarried around 4 months. And I always felt I was carrying a boy, even had the name Ethan Cale picked out. And then later I got pregnant by my long time off/on boyfriend. He already had 3 children, and was quite opposed to my having his child. But again, I would kill to hear "I love you Momma." And determined and stubborn lil firecracker that I am, I wasn't hearing the word 'abortion' and definitely not considering adoption. To me, that would be even harder than an abortion. I couldn't carry a child the full 9 months, go through everything you go through, feel the child move and kick, deliver the baby, then let someone else raise it? No way. I'm too selfish for that. Anyway, that one didn't work out either, my daughter just died in my womb when I was 6 months pregnant. Anyway, back to the palm reader. It was odd that she mentioned a boy and a girl. She said my daughter's full name. Wow! OMG! WTH?
She told me she could see a large check. Again, OMG! I did get a settlement for malpractice. She told me that I would get approved for disability, not to give up.
And then, here's where she just veers completely off course. And went wacko. She told me that I would meet a man, a rich man, who owned his own business. He will give me a ring, and I will marry him. He has an ex wife, but no children and no baggage. We will move away from him and I will find happiness with him.
Then she proceeded to tell me that she could cure my unhappiness. In a mere 9 weeks, with 2 hour long sessions each week, on Friday and Sunday. She would burn a candle and pray for me. All this for the low, low price of only $50 per session. Included in this package, she would be able to tell me all about my mystery man, his name, what he looked like, where he lived, what size shoe he wears, what brand of toothpaste he prefers, etc. She would also be able to tell me the secret to happiness and the meaning of life. I tried to keep a straight face as i thanked her and told her I would definitely keep her in mind. I don't buy that. At all. I know several ministers that would pray for me for free and would probably be willing to burn a candle at the same time. Thanks, but no thanks.
So, what are your thoughts on palm readers and pyschics? Have you ever visited one? Would you? If no, why not? If you have been to one, what was your experience like?
May 30th, 2011 at 08:20am