The Ballad of Mona Lisa

All good things come to an end is such a common phrase when a catastrophe strikes yet it has always been seen in the cards. People slowly begin to differ and grow apart from ones they felt would always be a constant in their lives, but why do people chose to grow apart? Surely it is not for mediocre events taking place in their lives and perhaps that may just be the reason. I have witnessed to departure of a close one running through my fingers like pure crystal water, and I have witnessed departure as a simple bystander. I, however, did not physically witness the departure of the most influence music group that has come to face the earth. I saw it in magazines while it’s televised on TV and fan videos.

The break up didn’t fully take part to me when it hit me that that band would no longer be together as Panic at the Disco, there will no longer be concerts in San Francisco or interviews on MTV. Mostly, it hit me when they would never make a music that would get me through a troubled day or even a blissful day. Of course there will be old music that has already been recorded and sold to millions of people, but when will I ever hear a new song with a different meaning, with a different background and story? The answer is simple, as long as there are differences there may never be tasteful new song.

The truth behind my hidden angry of the band separating ways and if it were to happen, I would never meet them and tell them “You have changed me.” I would never get a chance to tell the four most idolized men in my life “Because of your music, I am where I am today.” With the tide of disagreeing figures in my life trying to pull me into the ocean of mainstream, I know I will be able to fight against it. I know that I will be able to emerge from the ocean with salt water dripping of me, but I will be able to feel the sand beneath my feet and conquer above all.

I can’t thank the artist as individuals; I would only be singling out each artist of the band as if to say “this member is better that the other” when in reality they are all equal. Instead I would thank the band as a whole, for creating change in poetic lines of melodically sound.
June 4th, 2011 at 05:59am