Letting off some steam...

I decided to rant in my journal to, just like the title says, let off some steam. So many things have been annoying me these past days and I can't help to bitch about a few of these things.

First off, I'm being treated as a 5-year old kid by a certain male in my life. What the hell is up with that?! I'm an adult and can make my own decisions. I don't need someone looking over my shoulder constantly. I don't need to be told how to live my life. I certainly don't need to be told who to befriend and who to stay clear from. I know what I'm doing! I do love this annoying person, but enough is enough. Let me decide things myself! I know that you'll be reading this, so I'll tell you again: Back off! I know you're only trying to look out for me, but trust me when I say that your behavior only makes me completely pissed off at you!!

The second issue is about another story site, that will remain unnamed. I have contributed to this site in hopes to learn some new things when it comes to my writing. All that happened is that I grew mighty tired of the whole site. Why, you may ask... Let me tell you; every single story on there gets high ratings by the readers + comments saying how awesome the story was and how the readers loved it. That is just bullshit! What the hell happened to honesty and constructive criticism?! I love praise, I do, but when I get nothing but praise, I tire and stop writing. I post my stories online so I can have people tell me what I do right AND what I do wrong. How can I possibly improve and grow as a writer if every single reader tells me that all my stories are excellent?

This brings up the next issue: criticism with no grounds. Sure, tell me my stories suck but if you don't back it up with a decent argument (bad plot, poor descriptions etc) and give me a suggestion how to make it better, I will most likely bitch back. The first time it happened, this one dude attacked me personally. He didn't bash just my story, no, he just had to tell me what a horrible person I was. How I deserved to burn in hell. What an idiot! :P
The second time this one certain girl accused me of being a sick-minded freak, pretty much. Right back at ya, sweetie! ;)

Hmm... I think I might be done here now... Big hugs to Wounded Huntress and Nothenis for being such fun and sweet people. I love you both ;) You always know how to cheer me up :D
June 5th, 2011 at 07:45pm