Originality is seemingly ignored?

I'm just a little baffled as to why the stories I wrote when I was thirteen... Like, complete cliche, Quizilla crap, gets more attention than my newer, well thought up stories.

My older ones have hardly and originality whatsoever... They are this crappy stereotypical dark fantasy/romance stories written obviously by a teenage girl.

Then.. My other ones, which in my opinion, are quite original and different, do not get a quarter of the attention as my shitty ones do.

Why is it that teenage girls seem to be compelled to read books with the same concept.

Teenage girl whisked away by a vampire whom she first hates but then falls in love with. ahurrrrr. Unpopular rich, teenage girl who passionately hates this guy her school, but then manages to love him passionately.

bla di fuckin blah.

I just don't understand it. I know that I, myself, prefer at least some kind of originality in the story. I simply cannot STAND when I know exactly what is going to happen in the story, because I've read thousands of other books just like it.

Some of these people wish to grow up and become authors, but they do not realize that people get tired of reading the same old shit.

Or, rather.. I guess not. I guess it seems that when you aim a book at a teenage girl, it does not have to be original.. It just has to contain a hot male who falls for some unnoticed shadow girl.

God, why do so many people ignore originality. -_-

In the end, it doesn't really matter to me if they like any of my 'better' stories, as they aren't that great anyways... But when I stumble upon a mibba masterpiece, and it has hardly any comments... but some story about this chick being kidnapped by a sexy vampire gets thousands of comments...

I just cannot handle it. /facepalm
June 7th, 2011 at 12:45am