Things have changed for me, and that's okay.

Tomorrow is the day I've been waiting for all year-the last day of finals. I have a church history and accelerated english final. It's going to be tough, but I'll sweat it out. I'm finishing up this year with pretty pristine grades-all As and one B, and one C+. Considering my track record of failing last year, that's amazing.

This time last year, I was failing biology and geometry. I was in danger of being kicked out of the accelerated lit program. My parents decided I needed structure, so they sent me back into the catholic school system. I started up at an all girl's school. I got the attention I needed from teachers. I started playing sports, I had a good group of friends, and I pretty much changed who I was.

I'm not saying that public school is bad or that I changed myself for the worse. I've always needed extra attention from teachers, and that was something I couldn't get from public school. They say that getting extra attention is bad because you won't get it in the "real life", but hey, my theory is the more help you receive when you're younger, you become a better student and learn to live without help if you adapt properly.

Secondly, to people from my old school who complain that I changed too much-I didn't change, I grew up. It happens. Last year, my life was boys, friends, and dance. I went somewhere else and met friends who were actually good kids and good people who had the same interests as me. I found something I have a passion for and now I'm debating on running for captain. I grew out of dancing because I was tired of pain and frustration for nothing. I'm smarter, I'm older, and I'm a lot of things I wasn't freshman year.

So here goes it, the last night as a sophomore. Next year is going to be pure hell, but it's going to make something out of me-something I couldn't have achieved without the help I got this year. I'm taking college courses as well. I'm being a better person than I ever could have been.

Now, about the stories. I'm working on Prince Harry-his draft is complete and he's all good. My Draco will need some time and I've got Fred's all finished. I'm starting the drafting process of George's sequel to Fred's story. After all that, I've been revamping my original fiction that I deleted. It was really filled with a bunch of Mary Sues, so I've spent some time redeveloping characters.

Man, can you believe it's been four years on Mibba already? I started writing stories about the Jonas Brothers the summer between seventh and eighth grade. Now look-I'm actually writing developed stories and I'm going to be a junior.

Time flies.
June 8th, 2011 at 04:28am