Mibba...this is not good

There is one major thing that I've been noticing around here lately and it is not a good thing. There are a number of trolls going around (I'm not sure how many exactly because they keep changing their accounts but I definitely know of three) and they are really posing a problem on this site. It's such a shame because this site is a haven for a lot of people, even myself. This site offers a lot of people the chance to express their work and themselves without fear of being harshly judged. Some people even enjoy talking to other members than people they see outside of the internet.

Nobody on this site deserves to be told to "kill themselves" or that they are "ugly", "fat", or "have no friends". To those of you who have been told these things; don't listen to those trolls! You deserve to live your life the way you want to, you are beautiful, and you have plenty of people who care about you! I may not have even talked to you once on this site but no matter who you are, don't ever doubt that somebody loves you. If you honestly feel like you don't have someone who cares, come and talk to me, I'd love to be your friend :) But honestly, all of you are important in your own way.

These trolls have also targeted new members and those poor members are getting a horrible first glimpse at what the site is like. Mibba isn't a place for bashing, and it's terrible that some people are going out of their way to make others miserable. Regardless of whether these trolls are joking or not, it's a sick joke or act. Some members I've noticed haven't fed the troll at all, but others have been really affected. It's hard not to get offended. I sincerely hope that nobody who has been a victim of cyber bullying on this site truly believes any of the harsh words spoken to them or goes through with any actions that they were told to do.

Have you been affected by any of the current trolls on this website? If so, please try not to take it to heart even though it's difficult <3
June 8th, 2011 at 09:10am