Black Veil Brides

Well, I'm not usually going to be writing about bands and stuff on here, but this band is a HUGE part of my life now. And I think they are worthy enough to not only be on here, but to be the first thing that I wrote about on my mibba.
Firstly, this band was what introduced me to screamo. But this journal isn't about the music I listen to and why. This band is such a huge part of me because of what they represent and what some of the member go and have gone through. The band represents, That they want to make every one feel comfortable in their own skins. And let every one know, it's okay to be an outcast. It's alright to stick out from other people, to be "out of the norm" And that's why i'm not scared to walk around with purple or what ever color hair now. I'm not scared to walk out in public with the clothes that I wear. I have learned to be comfortable in my own skin. I'm not always...But that's beside the point.
Andy Biersack[Six] Means a lot to me and has a huge impact on me because, we share the same childhood. When He was younger, He got called Emo. I get called Emo and scene. And it bugs me to the core! I absolutely DESPISE labels. Especially, since emo and scene, are no such thing. When he was younger, he was overweight. As I am too a bit. He got made fun of for it. As I have in the past. He ignored it. So I have learned to also. It's not always easy to ignore such harmful remarks from other people. Especially at my age, The age he was when it happened to him.
Ashley Purdy; He also has a huge impact on me. One, he's a BOY and obviously has a girls name. But he gets over that fact and goes on with life. He's so down to earth and I admire that SO much! He's the reason I finally got the guts to quit band and tell my mom, I wanted to take electric guitar lessons. She thinks i want to because "All emo kids play it" Or some stupid shit like that. He plays bass guitar for Black Veil Brides. (:
And another reason, this band, and all the members especially Andy mean so much to me is they, never thought they would get to live their dreams as a child. Take Andy and Ashley for example, they both grew up in poor cities in Ohio, as I do. But they had faith in them selves that they could be whatever the hell they wanted to be! And look where they are. Living their dreams, playing music and bringing joy to other people. I could say so many more things about how BVB has impacted my life. But I think you get my point.
June 8th, 2011 at 10:51am