Thumbs up for narcissists.

I really haven't written anything about myself for a very long time. I haven't done much to better my writing abilities at all, whether I'm creating characters, or complaining about day-to-day life (which really shouldn't be complained about.)

I've been busy lately-- so unbelievably busy-- and though now I'm married and pregnant, I have yet to be domesticated. In fact, after moving with my husband of just of a few months to Manchester, England, I've bought a motorcycle. I went crazy, actually, and started purchasing things with the inheritance I got when my father died.

That's what happens when your father, who never liked you much, throws a last attempt to make you want to claim him as a dad. Apparently he was involved in a lot of activities that I won't go into-- needless to say, the hidden money we uncovered was a staggering amount. Vera is now a teenager with an ancient soul. Peter has been dead for quite some time now. Mother has become a vegan who smokes herbal cigarettes and shuns modern technology. She also refuses to acknowledge modern medicine, and has contracted some kind of infection that we can only heal if we shove pills down her throat while she sleeps. Because I'm no longer there in Romania to do so, Vera has taken over that lovely job.

I feel awful about leaving Vera, the only remaining Artenie with mother. Not to say that my mother isn't good at caring for others... she just can't care for herself, and leaving Vera with that responsibility was selfish. I almost regret moving off family property with Skaander, and starting a life all over again.

Anyways, I mentioned up there (^) that I was pregnant....

SURPRISE!

I found that out two months ago, so now I'm about three months along. Exciting, isn't it? The Leukemia patient and her equally young husband are expecting spawn!

We've got names picked out, but we don't want to find out whether or not the baby is a boy or a girl-- "not until it's forced out of your womb, love." See? Skaander's even poetic when talking about uterine contractions... Girls, never marry an artist if you want to avoid those kinds of comments. <3

So we decided on two names for each sex.... For a girl, either Scout (yes, like the girl from To Kill a Mocking Bird) or Clover (as in the song by Joan Jett, 'Crimson and Clover'.) For a boy, we've come up with either Marco or Peter (for reasons I hope are extremely clear.)

If you've read this all the way through, any opinions on the names? Are they acceptable to social standards (as if we really, truly cared) or would you, if given one of those names, grow up to be a homicidal sociopath with an undying hatred for the parents that named you?

I love you, reader. And I clearly don't give you enough attention.

Sincerely,
Ember Thai Artenie Leskovic
June 10th, 2011 at 02:51am