Death and The Worlds Coating of Shit / Questions :)

What is death?
What is with the human fascination with death?
We question it;
we create answers all on our own without really knowing what it really is at all.
Realists/ Non-religious people say they accept death as just that.
Death – Nothingness.
I personally don’t think they comprehend the true extent of ‘nothingness’. It’s not just black, it’s not just sleep.
You are just gone, bones in dirt or ashes in a jar.
They think they are being completely acceptable but I digress, bringing a child up in these values will cause them to end up with severe thought processes and views on life.
I know from personal experience that sure when you’re young it’s cool to be all ‘I don’t believe in god’ and sound tough and like you don’t care, but one day like me it will smack you in the face and you will question everything.
I question everything, why bother if I’m just going to end up as a dead no body one day?
What’s the point in school, we just live to die etc?
But of course there can be the perks to this to,
you live life whilst you’re alive; you don’t regret you only move forward…
I’m still yet to reach this point after a few years of constant thought on this whole just being dead and nothing but matter.
After years of science teachers explaining the answers to my questions on if we just die and that’s it,
and always ending up with the same sick feeling from truth hitting me in the face every time.
But then there are the Religious or Spiritual people.
Now these people I wish I was.
Who am I to say there is no ‘God’ or no such thing as ‘Afterlife/ Ghosts’?
For all we know there is some divine deity out there masterfully covering up his tracks to be caught with logical scientific explanations on how it’s impossible to be a god and that we are just merely here by chance of atoms combining that can create any infinite mass.
I wish I had that optimism of hope that no matter what ‘proof’ there is to say there isn’t what I believe in, I still believe in it.
The children bought up in these environments have so much more hope and more to look forward to as they grow old as they believe there is something else after ‘life’.
Whether it be heaven , 72 virgins or being a ghost that watches over its family, It’s still something a lot less harsh than ‘Hey kid one day your just gonna die and that’s it.’
Don’t you agree?
But of course one day these children might ‘realize’ that there is no Deity there is nothing after death and well then of course they’d probably just end up as fucked up as the kids with the ‘realist’ parents.
Not only this but alongside religion and spirituality comes a chance of cults and forced upon ‘rules’.

But hey guys this is down to you,
What do you think is a better environment to grow up in.
A harsh Realist way of life,
Or the sweet sugar coatings of Religion and spirituality ;
You tell me ?
June 10th, 2011 at 04:52pm