I feel good about myself tonight, and here’s why.

So I was watching Glee’s “Born This Way” music video today and it made me think. On top of that video, I watched a bunch of “Turn a flaw into something good” videos. So I did. I picked out a flaw and turned it into something good. Not only did it boost my mood, it made me actually more comfortable in my own skin.

The flaw:

I’m not model skinny.

I’m really not. See, if you saw the Glee video/episode you would know what their shirts represent. So I tried to think of what I could put on a shirt like theirs, and I came up with “Baby Fat.” On top of that, I thought of how I could turn it into something good.

I still have my baby fat around my stomach/hips area. And the more I looked at it, the more I grew to like it. Yeah, I may not be stick skinny, but it just means that when I’m cuddling with my favorite guy, that they actually have something to hold onto. It means that I don’t look sick, that I look healthy. And that is a very good thing.

I used to not believe people when they said that I was beautiful. But then I got to thinking, which apparently I’ve been doing a lot of, that if more then one person says it more then one time, then chances are they’re not kidding. So I kept looking at myself in the mirror and I realized that I truly am beautiful. I may not be skinny, but I’m getting more and more confident, which is more beautiful then looks.
June 13th, 2011 at 05:50am