I feel like a terrible person.

Do you ever feel like you shouldn't be happy when you step back and consider an entire situation? I'm kind of having one of those moments. Yesterday morning I woke up and had to call 911 because my mom overdosed on prescription drugs. Since then, I haven't really thought about or felt any particular way about it all that much.

I love my mom, and we used to be really close, but she's been having some problems and she got a new boyfriend in October that I was not a fan of. I've spent such a long time worrying about her and trying to fix her that this time I feel like I don't have any worry left. Since everything happened, I think I've cried for a combined total of two minutes maybe.

Everyone thought I should have called off after the whole debacle yesterday, but I really wanted to go to work and once I got there I just felt so much better. I have the most amazing work friends, and they decided that we were going to have a bonfire last night. They're all in their twenties, and they were drinking (which I don't do), but it was just nice to be there. Cassie said it was all to make me happy, and they did a really good job.

Then this morning I woke up with a text message from my Uncle (my mom's brother), and he said he would be coming home tonight. He lives in Baltimore, and I'm really close with him, but because he's in the Air Force, he's always being sent somewhere or working crazy hours/days that don't really make it easy to see him a lot. I was supposed to see him for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but he ended up not being able to come because of work and stuff.

Everyone keeps asking me if I'm okay, and I feel terrible about it, but I really am. This probably qualifies me for the worst daughter of the year award.
June 16th, 2011 at 01:07am