I'm really worried...

I have a friend who lives here due to family issues...

Ever since school let out she's been over at her boyfriend's house a LOT. I mean... She literally spends days over there. I barely see her anymore.

Lately my parents have been getting really mad at her. They feel like she's being extremely rude by staying at his house for days on end, coming home for less than a day, dropping off dirty cloths, then going right back over there. Sometimes she even leaves in the middle of the night...

It stresses me out really badly because when my mom gets mad at her, she's never around. So my mom ends up taking it out on me. She yells at me like it's my fault that my friend is doing this and like I should somehow be held responsible for fixing it... Lately my mom has also been hinting that if my friend doesn't start following the rules she'll get kicked out...

My friend has gone through a lot in the past couple years and I really don't want her to have to be kicked out... I know if she did that our other friend or even her boyfriend would let her move in with them... But I still don't want her to have to go through that...

At the same time, though, it's like she doesn't care about the rules... Last night when she was leaving at 11:30 I told her she should probably just wait and go over there in the morning because my parents would get mad. She literally shrugged it off and said, "I'm going anyways."

My mom is getting really stressed about her, and she's taking that stress out on me... I don't really have a healthy outlet for my stress and I end up doing things I'm not entirely proud of sometimes... I just wish my friend would stop and think about this whole situation... If not for my parents, for me... She KNOWS how my mom gets when it comes to taking things out on me...

I'm just so worried and stressed out...
June 17th, 2011 at 06:35am