Because You Don't Realise Until You Have To...

I got my tongue pierced yesterday, so today my tongue was all swollen & I couldn't talk properly or eat properly or anything. I was talking with like a lisp & I felt like an absolute loser. But anyways, to my point... I never realised how much I licked my lips until it was uncomfortable to do it! My gosh, it was constant all day today - so annoying!

Anyways, it got me thinking about all the things you don't appreciate until it becomes hard or you lose it. Ever heard; 'You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone'? So true. Like, you'll realise you're in love with someone until you can't have them, you don't realise how much you need a person in your life until they're not a part of it anymore.

So that got me to thinking about the general ungrateful attitude of human beings, especially that of those from the more developed countries. You can never realise how lucky you are until you've had everything you take for granted taken away from you & had to survive on your own strength & willpower alone.

So this is just a bit of a short rant to advise you not to take anything for granted - as we all do. Appreciate every little bit of your life, every piece of advice, everybody that helps you along life's little road. Appreciate especially your parents & the rest of your family, but most of all; appreciate your friends. They're the ones that have no reason to be there for you, but they stick around anyway - because they appreciate you.

Take heed. I swear, you'll be happier for it.

- Dance. x
June 17th, 2011 at 10:43am