What True Warrior-Poets Are Looking For in a Girl

Dear Sisters,
You should be informed of something. This may shock you a great deal, so brace yourself for what I am about to tell you. Also, think considerably of the fact that today’s society has warped and underestimated the truth and accuracy of what I am about to tell you. This takes bravery, for you may not believe what I say to you. You may not even finish reading this. You may even be offended by the sobering and eye-opening words I am about to write. So here goes:

True Warrior-Poet’s are not looking for what society calls “good Christian girls.”

Now, let me explain to you what I mean. Guys who claim with veracity to be true Warrior-Poets do not want a girl who puts on Christianity the same way she puts on her socks. They are not looking for a girl who, when her socks become stained, torn, or wet, sheds them for a new pair or decides to forget them all together. More clearly, a Warrior-Poet does not want a girl who cannot tolerate nor courageously engross her whole self in t
he dangerously sacrificial task of radical Christianity lived out through unspeakable faith and trust in the Christ.
He does not want a girl who claims a generic Christianity, who cannot continue to journey down its path when her life becomes poor, dirty, and she has been torn and worn out. When her life become this way, a Warrior-Poet wants the certainty that she will not slough her Christianity, but rather more earnestly pursue it. You see dear sisters, a real Warrior-Poet is a man who forsakes all to serve his King. Who, with turbulence and bravery, partakes of the mission Christ has set before him; to “preach the Gospel” (2 Timothy 4:1,2). A man who is willing to endure hardship great or small and vivaciously continues to run the race and fight the good fight as Paul did (2 Timothy 4:7), for this is what men are called to do.

“But you, Timothy, are a man of God; so run from all these evil things. Pursue righteousness and a godly life, along with faith, love, perseverance, and gentleness. Fight the good fight for the true faith. Hold tightly to the eternal life to which God has called you, which you have confessed so well before many witnesses.”

-1 Timothy 6:11,12

(There is more on this topic to come) =)

P.S.- Being a Warrior-Poet has nothing to do with poetry...it is something like a respectable, noble, and brave/courageous man. Someone who is willing to sacrifice everything for the love of someone else. Think of Romeo, who loved Juliet and was willing to lay his life down for her. Or any other noble characters or men who have become a big part of masculine bravery and noblty. =) Any more questions?

Here is my proof: http://setapartgirl.com/issue-archives-MAR_APR2011.html (page 18-21) Enjoy! =)
June 18th, 2011 at 05:25am