*** Father's Day.

Today I was with a family friend of mine. Shes 14. Her mother is abnormaly imature and acts like she's 9 and she 43. She hates her husband (who is 66 & I will admit is fairly grumpy) and she makes it a point to feed it into her childrens minds that he is a horrible person. Shes fat and lazy and has no job, and he works his ass off to suppirt his wife and 3 kids. Never once did I ever hear them say, "I love you" to this man. He never yells at them..I mean sure, he complains some times..but that's at worst....
Well my story begins here:
me, the 14 yr. Old (Gigi), the mom (aggie) and the son (AJ) were getting a cake for Gigis 8th grade grad party. I was looking at the cakes and I realized that they had fathers day cakes. I.turned over to Gigi and said, "Gi, did you even wish you're dad a happy fathers day?" She replied to me with her nerdy giggle "heehee NO :D". I pretty much just looked at her. Her father works his ass off for these bitches and doesn't even get wished a happy fathers day?!
The father figures in my life:
My dad was a drunk that abused my mom. They divorced when I was four. the day they divorced.was the day I got sent into foster care and seperated from my sister and bother. The day I got out of foster care and home with my mother was a week after.my dad got arrested (for what I still to this day don't know why he would,.no one would tell me). After he got out of his 3 year sentance of jail, he crawled into a motel room and never got a job, and doesnt pay child support.
My mom when i was 9 got engaged to a man named rich. He lived with me sinse i was 7. He was a very nice man, who worked, and shared common intrests with me. He payed for all my mothers needs. From the house,to food, bills, clothes, food, car, and everything else. He was also a drinker though..and (we didnt know this until after he died) a druggie. He also used to abuse my mom. One day, he and my mom were arguing. He was drunk. He decided that the only way out of these constant arguments was to hang himself. So he did. His family took all of our bwlongings and we could no longer afford our house. To think, all this happened when I was 11!!
The end and moral:
I can't beleive that after all of the shit my father put mw through, i still wished him a happy fathers day....and Gigi..whos dad actually cares...just ignored him.
This isn't my pitty party, but c'mon, respect what you have...esspecially if what you got is good.
June 20th, 2011 at 06:09am