LMAO help?

So there's this boy. He's basically perfect. He actually is, he's a perfect gentleman.
Holds doors open, gives people hugs when they need them, polite as hell and he never swears.
I sort of started crushing on him a few weeks back no big. I was just going to let it be, I didn't want to ruin our friendship.

The only problem was every time we would hang out he would call me pretty, always be looking at me, wrapping his arm around me, giving me his jacket when I'm cold and basically cuddling with me.
Everyone was like he likes you, he likes you. I refused to believe them.

Today something happened, I'm still not sure as to what but apparently he found out I liked him and he was trying to think of a way to let me down easy. Or something like that. So than at lunch when I found out about this is was soooo awkward. He didn't talk to me like normal, he just wasn't acting like himself and he didn't give me a hug, he ALWAYS gives me a hug. I was soo confused.

Kaity, his ex, (it was a mutual breakup a few years back) and my close friend told me that he knew that I liked him, but she didn't know how he figured it out. Funniest part is, I wasn't even sad about him not liking me. I knew he didn't, but I was soooo embarrassed I wanted to cry, that plus school is kicking my ass and I have a day left to attempt to pass my classes in the exams. Not going to happen.

So I was all prepared to talk to him after school and explain that I just wanted to be friends and I don't want to ruin our friendship, but like when he saw me, he just came up to me and gave me a hug and started talking to me as if everything was normal and lunch hadn't been awkward.

Another thing I realized was, he was talking to this guy he hates, I think it was about how to let me down easily and it made no sense because he hates the kid so why would he be talking to him? Could it just be that like he may actually like me and just doesn't want to tell this asshole/guy he hates? I don't know.

There's just too much that doesn't add up and I'm not sure if I should confront the guy I like about it or just let things be and see how it goes?

Help?
June 20th, 2011 at 11:17pm