I want to be me, I don't care what you say!

To be honest, I don’t want to be anybody else except for who I am.

You made me feel so small; like I was nothing. You kept on taking everything I was worth and chucking me in the dump when you were done with me. But I am who I am; and to me I am beautiful.

It’s funny how when you’re hurt it’s not so funny anymore, it isn’t is it? We’ve all got rights to have a happy, fun life instead of one that leaves us hurting. Who says I’m not beautiful? I don’t, well not anymore! How could someone so small make me feel so bad about myself? I would hate just having to look at my own reflection and see this girl that had nothing compared to all those beautiful flawless girls.

I learned, everyone has a flaw. They just embrace it, they accept it. So why can’t I? I shouldn’t have to hide myself from everybody. Because I’m me, I’m unique; no one else is like me.

Maybe we get put through challenges to build ourselves, to create the person that one day we will be. We go through heart wrenching experiences that tugs on our hearts like crazy. They leave scratch marks like the claws of a tiger. They’re massive and sharp. But you have to go right through that problem. And if it’s hard time, put a smile on and laugh. Even if there isn’t a single thing to laugh about.
June 23rd, 2011 at 01:56pm