My Hero

So before school ended, my english teacher assigned my class to write a report about 'Our Hero'

In the car ride to the beach, everyone was talking about their heroes. I've heard names like, Bill Gates, Kim Kardashian (who knows how that happened), Oprah, MLK Jr, Martin Luther, Queen Elizabeth and many others. Well, what if you have two heroes, like me?

I have two heroes. My mom, which surprisingly not any of my friends had chosen and then my old best friend, Nyla. She's Aidyn's real mom by the way.

My mom is my Hero for many reasons, but one memory sticks out the most. It was when we moved from Texas to Florida after my Father left us. My mom had lost her job due to the company closing and things at home weren't so good. Then my dad was caught cheating on my mom. He left us a few days later leaving us only with our own stuff and enough money to buy a house, food and some clothes. Both me and my mom were heartbroken but she never once cried in front of me while were moving. After we had settled down in Florida, I asked her why he did that. She told me that he was never one to settle and even though he had a family, he didn't want to be tied down (My mom had me at fifteen and my dad was sixteen). I was so confused. "He doesn't love me, mommy!" I had told her. That was the one time I ever saw her cry over my father. "He loves you more than the world itself, baby. He told me that. You are HIS daughter and nothing will EVER change that. Before he left he said that he loved you and that he was doing this because he wanted what was best for both of us, Sunny." I nodded. She taught me that even though it's hard, you just got to go with the flow and realize that these things happen. But my dad still loves me. He's got a big job as a lawyer and send us money all the time. Telling us he loves us. I don't see him very often and still hold a grudge against him, but my mom just smiles and loves him anyway.

Nyla is my her because she simply survived everything. Her mom is a druggie and her dad left them before she was even born. Nyla was the one forced to take care of the family. So she did what she had to do to make money. People called her all sorts of names all the time and her mom even abused her. She never defended herself except to say 'I'm doing what I have to do to survive' and then walked away. She started dating my other friend, who smoked pot, and got pregnant. People called her 'whore', 'skank', 'prostitute' and other names. She didn't even bat an eyelash. Just kept her head up and loved her baby. When Aidyn was born she was so happy. Like nothing else could be more beautiful than her son. Aidyn cost her her life, but she would've given her life for him anyway.

My english teacher is excpecting a report on my hero the first week back after summer vacation. He's helped me realize just how much I love the people in my life. They live in my memory, like in Nyla's case, or the still teach me all I need to learn, as in my mom's case. I'm glad that these two wonderful peopl are my heroes.

Who's your hero?
June 24th, 2011 at 06:19pm