Why does it make me feel like a villain....

I want to preface this with one very important statement:

I have nothing against homosexuals!

I really don't. That is a very important phrase. Keep that in mind during the rest of what I am going to say. While I have nothing against homosexuals or anyone else not strictly straight. I really don't. I just do not agree with gay marriage. And I do not think that such things are right. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. And yet, I always have this feeling like if I admit that, people will shoot me down as narrow-minded or prejudiced which isn't fair.

So I guess one could say this is a rant in a way. And I feel bad for that. So I don't want anyone to take offense, but I just want to get this all out since I was thinking about it earlier with the whole New York legalizing gay marriage. I think that is really cool for them, but I don't agree with it honestly. I'm not going to hate them for it or anything. I don't think that's right. But at the same time, I'm probably not likely to go to a gay wedding either.

Does that make me a bad person?

EDIT;;
Alright so I guess I should explain some of why I think the way that I do. Most all of it is religious. I am not the best or most strict Christian. I have been baptized, but I am trying to figure out what exactly my faith is. And part of that is that God tells us that homosexuality is wrong. I have nothing against the people though. They are people. They can be great people just like everyone else. I am willing to talk to them, make friends with them, not judge. But at the same time, I do not agree with the actions themselves and gay marriages is something I have a very hard time with even though I think that their love can be a very wonderful thing.
June 25th, 2011 at 05:56am