A Bag Full or Memories and Dinosaur Love

So I was cleaning the living room yesterday. My brother's toys were all over the place. And I stumbled upon something that caught my eye. It was a plastic dinosaur. It looked so cute! I searched his toy boxes and there was more! So I got them and put them in a lunch bag and I'm going to keep them safe and stuff. And whenever I want to just play with them I can. Or maybe even draw them.

And then I came up with a great idea. I can keep some of my great nick-nacks and stuff. Something that can remind me of my childhood. So far I put my collection of silly bands (137), my dinosaur toys, and an article I found amazingly written. I'll maybe write a few journals on paper and put them in there of how my day went or some stuff I thought.

I think it'll be cool to come back and check it when I'm like off to college or something. Or maybe went my brother grows a bit more I can give him my stuff so he can see what I did as a kid. And if we want to go all the way into the future, I can save it and show it to my kids and show them the things I did when I was younger.

I think it's important for us to keep some memories of our childhood. Maybe if I life takes a dip or an unexpected turn, you can always go back to your stored memories. The feeling of knowing that as you age, there is a detail of your younger life waiting to be seen again in a small bag or a scrapbook or even a box under your bed is exciting. Remembering why a certain toy or ring or any object is special to you can bring back memories you'd like.

What do you think? Are you going to save some stuff? And if you do already, any comments or advice you'd like to give me?
June 26th, 2011 at 06:06am