I have absolutely no self esteem remaining, and I want you guys to tell me if I am overreacting.

Alright, so I'm not usually one to complain about my fiancé, because he is a wonderful man, but lately we have been having some problems that I really don't have the slightest clue how to handle. It's really only one problem that's branching off into other problems as a result.

He fantasizes about other women.

The other night, after we'd already said good night, he sent me another text asking me an odd question. He wanted to know what other girl I would pick if I had to have a threesome with him. My heart immediately sunk. The idea that he thinks about being with someone other than me was enough to knock the air out of my lungs. He admitted to me that he thinks about it, and for me not to feel bad, but there are thoughts of me with certain other girls that he really likes. Of course I was hurt and upset, because I now feel that me alone isn't enough to satisfy him, but I did my best to shake it off to avoid more conflict. He is easily upset.

Then, last night, he asked me what I would do if I had to choose between letting him sleep with another girl or dying. I told him I would rather die. I started to get saddened at the topic again, but then it got much worse. I had told him to be open with me, because I'm trying to be a good partner, but then he told me that he has had sex dreams about my friend (who was over at my house at the time) and kind of liked them. This set me off. I wasn't even in this fantasy at all.

I have terrible self esteem as it is, and I feel fat/ugly/worthless on a regular basis. He knows this. So what does telling me this accomplish? Why is he even dreaming about other women in the first place? I can't even remember the last time he told me he had a sex dream about just me. I feel like sh*t. I don't feel like I'm good enough, pretty enough, or exciting enough for him. I've shed so many tears over this, and I just don't know what to do.

He's apologized a couple times, but it continues anyway. This hurts so badly.
June 27th, 2011 at 06:51pm