Free Reviews / Grocery Store Pick Up Lines / Story Recs

Have you ever tried to flirt with the guy at the supermarket who is checking you out (your groceries, not your ass)?

It's abnormally hard to come up with something to say.
These oranges look bigger than they did yesterday, don't you think?
Your uniform looks good on you. What color is that? A beige cream?
Oh hello, Allen! I know your name because your name tag right there... *cough*....


Image

Talk about avoiding an awkward looks. But I was getting the vibe, so maybe tomorrow.

----

Free Reviews:

Since I have the day off of work tomorrow, I am going to do free reads. I'll give a honest review to the first 3 people who ask. If you aren't one of the first three then you can still ask and I'll check it out but I can't promise that I will leave a comment unless I really like it.

On the topic of story comments, how in the world do some author's get over 100 something subscribers after the first couple of chapters? I'm baffled. It makes no sense to me.

Wanna check out my story? (Pssst, this is me trying to encourage you to make my dream of 100 something subscribers come true!) The Second Eve

Image

----

I've started exercising again. I'm trying to get healthy and fit by the time my junior year of high school starts. And that's in what, a month and a half? Any tips on how to not eat all those delicious foods that tempt you?

----

Here are a few stories that I think are deserving of a few more reads (maybe soon enough they will have 100 something subscribers too - it'll be like magic)!

Sea Gypsy: This story has only just started so we don't know much about what is going on. It has an air of mystery and magic around it that makes you want to keep on reading.

Her Flux (finished): A sheltered girl who has powers unlike other humans. She is closed off from the rest of the world until her parents hire a man to teach her. What happens when his life threatens her secret?

Speak: This story is brilliant. It's about a girl who hasn't spoken ever since an event traumatized her in her youth. She has been put in a physic ward closed off from the world, healing. What happens when a Colin steps in?

And that's only just a few, I have a ton more stories that I am subscribed to. Maybe I will post more like this in a later journal.

----

Questions:
1. Where is the most awkward place you have ever tried to pick up a guy/girl?
2. What's your highest number of subscribers?
3. How was your day today?
4. Are those oranges actually bigger today than they were yesterday?
June 28th, 2011 at 03:49am