Stay My Monday.

A while back, a friend of mine compared me to a Monday. It sounds a bit odd, I know. But think about it. Mondays are overlooked. A lot of people don’t like them. But if you’re one of those people who does like Mondays, you can see that there’s a lot more to them than most people think. There are people who think that Mondays are amazing, and that’s what really matters. So…she said that this pretty much describes me. At that point, it was kind a of a time when I really didn’t think much of myself or had any confidence in anything I could do, which definitely included writing. While that still hasn’t really passed, this friend helped me through a lot of crap. So first of all, thank you to that person, if you’re reading this, you know who you are. She asked me to stay her Monday, which nearly made me cry. It was incredibly sweet. She’s the only one who really put effort into trying to convince me that I wasn’t nothing. And then came harder times. And she helped me through those. And things got harder, and harder, and I became a bit of a bitch. And I think I may have hurt her, even though she insists that I haven’t. I know I’ve stressed her out, at the very least. She may never read this, but if she does…she knows I’m sorry. I’m just afraid that I’ve lost her. I swear, she’s the last thing on this earth that I want to lose. I hope I didn’t end it all. I hope I can get things back to how they used to be, when we talked to each other and weren’t afraid of anything. Addressing that person, if you’re reading this, I just want to let you know that I’m incredibly sorry, even though you tend to insist that I don’t really have anything to be sorry for. I know I do. And I’ll always be your Monday, for as long as you want me to be. And you’ll always be mine. I didn’t forget how it used to be, I hope you didn’t either.
June 28th, 2011 at 10:06pm