Am I going about this the wrong way?

Okay Mibba, so my mom's side of the family is having a barbecue this Saturday and I'm not very close with the people who own the house. My mom told me I could bring a few friends so I asked my two best friends. They both said they can come but I also asked my other friend. My mom told me not to ask anyone else because she doesn't want me bringing too many people to this. So, my one friend (I'll call her Shelby) hardly ever hangs out with me anymore. Almost everytime we have plans, she backs out of them last minute and it really bugs me. My mom even noticed and it's quite embarrasing because we are "best friends". So, she's going to let me know if she is still coming tomorrow. But, that's not really why I decided to write this journal.

The main reason is that my other best friend (I'll call him Harold) wants to bring his girlfriend of now 2 months. They hung out today, I think they're hanging out tomorrow, they are friday, and NOW he invited her to come to my family barbecue that is on Saturday. What bothers me is, he didn't ask me before he invited her. Is it just me, or should he have asked me if she could come first? I mean, it is at my cousin's house and he's never met them before. I'm not angry at him, but I'm a bit confused. Was it really his business to invite his girlfriend to come without talking to me about it first? I'm only really allowed to bring 2 people and my friend "Shelby" might still be coming but my other friend that I invited can't. So his girlfriend would make 3 and my mom doesn't want that many people. So, if he and his girlfriend go, I might be the third wheel. I asked him for a favor if they can both go. I asked him if they could not be all over each other so much and kiss majority of the time. (which they do 97% of the time when I'm hanging out with them in our area). Normally I don't care, but I don't want it to be like that at a house where I don't know the people well. So, he got a bit snarky with me on facebook chat. (I love the word snarky) I won't discuss the conversation here because that would bore you guys (although this whole journal probably already is :P) but I'm not feeling this whole situation.

I really wish he had confronted me first before inviting his girlfriend when she might not even be allowed to go because then I'll feel bad. He said he'd feel like a d*ck for inviting her and then going without her. I don't get this. Am I in the wrong here about this situation? Some of you guys know me, I hate confrontation and I don't want any trouble but I also don't want to feel left out at my family's event or get in trouble with my mom :/ Help? I love you guys <3
June 30th, 2011 at 05:22am