Layla Rose

I am so, so, so blessed! I know my family feels the same way.Cause about two monthes ago I became an Auntie. My older sister became pregenat at 20 with her boyfriend. To say we were shocked would be an understatement. It took my some time to figure out that they were not jokeing.
But those nine months flew by so fast! The next thing I know is waking up the morning of April 15, hearing my mom and dad say they were heading to the hospitle becouse my sister went in labor. Later that day they took myself and my 13 year old brother to the hospitle to see our sister.After my dad went home with my brother, I stayed up all night in the waiting room while my mom and everyone else slept. It was a long night! And after all that waiting, the doctor tells her she'll have to have a C-section. She was scared!
At about 7:15 in the morning, after 24 hours, Layla Rose was born. She has tan skin becouse she is mixed,dark brown hair, light brown-almost green eyes, and so, so tiny!
Now, two months later, I can hold her without feeling she will break in my arms. I was always afraid I wasn't holding her right. She was the first baby I've held since I was 5 years old! But now I even know what to do to stop her crying! Thats big for me. I love it when I tickle her and she starts smiling and making cooing sounds! =)
You know.... right before Layla was born our Border Collie, Belle, got really sick. We had to put her down.Then Layla is born. I guess that what God means when he take one thing away, He gives another. : )
July 2nd, 2011 at 09:54pm