Processes of My Mind At 1:30 on a Sunday Morning

It feels like it's been a while since I've written anything for my stories and I guess that it has. A couple of days at the very least. My mind has been trying to sort things out for JARICNFY and I didn't want to post anything until I had the rest of the story mapped out at key points. When I started writing that story, I had no idea where I wanted it to go or that it would be as popular as it has become. I know a lot of people quit reading it after the first few chapters and that's fine with me because I know my writing isn't as great as it could be; hell, I know I could try to improve my writing. Over the years I have tried to change my writing style so that it flows better and is written better. But no matter how hard I try I always find other mistakes that I'm not quite sure how to fix. Grammar has never been my strong suit.

When I started writing this story about Zack Merrick, I knew very little about it. I knew that I wanted my character to go to school with all of the guys despite the fact that Zack went to a completely different school. I also knew that at some point I did want the couple to get together (which they will, for those of you who are wondering--this wouldn't be a Zack story if they didn't) and I also knew how I wanted the story to be when it hit the second most important scene. That's all I had planned out from the start and it worked for a while because I knew what my main goal was and that I was going to reach it no matter how long it took me. Then I realized how many of my chapters are filler-ish, especially now. It wasn't so bad at first because I was trying to build relationships with the characters and portray them as how I see them in my head. That's a lot harder for me to do than I ever realized. I wanted this story to be perfect and it's already gotten to the point that it's not, but I don't care. All I care about at this point is making the story as good as it can be from where I'm at now. That's why I sat down the other day and planned out how most of this story will go from here on out. As of right now, Just Another Reason I Could Never Forget You is going to be about fifty chapters. Which is a lot of writing for me. This is without a doubt the longest I have ever kept going on a story. I hate when stories are too long, yet I also hate when they are too short. That's why I've been trying to make this story somewhere in between. But I digress.

As for my Garrett Nickelsen story, Come Back To Me, I feel bad when I update it but not JARICNFY. So I've been trying to post an update for both of them on the same day. That isn't as easy as it sounds. This story is a lot easier for me to write however. Why? Because I sat down and planned how it would be from start to finish before I even began writing it. For example, I knew how I wanted it to start, I knew that I wanted a few chapters written in flashback so that the readers get to know more about the relationship between my character and Garrett, hell, I even knew exactly how I wanted the return meeting to play out. The only things that is not 100% planned out about that story is the final ending. There's only going to be about 10 chapters in total, and I've already written and posted five of them. The story's halfway through. I want to know what my readers think of my stories because the endings tend to be based on their reactions to previous occurences in the stories. That's why I always ask what you guys think and what you want to see.

I think that you'll probably seeing at least two updates of each story this next week, though that might be hoping for just a bit much on my part. I was able to pick up some extra hours at work which I'm grateful for since I stayed home sick today. I work from 4-6 CST Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, as well as 9-12 Saturday and 1-4 Sunday. I normally only work Monday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. It cuts back on my writing time, yes, but at the same time I'm going to have more time to write this week. My boyfriend leaves for California on Monday and he won't be back for roughly a week. I've got all of that time to write because I won't have him as a constant distraction. I love him to death despite the fact that I'm scared of how much I feel like I need him. But I'm a bit glad that he's going to Cali. He's going to see his older brother, who he hasn't seen in at least 6 years. I'm happy that he's getting to see some of his other family and I hope he has fun over there. I just know that I'm looking forward to the time that I'm going to be getting for me to do nothing more than write.

I guess this journal was just my way of explaining things to you all a bit more thoroughly. I really do care about what you think of my stories and it always amuses me that some stories on here get more comments than mine. I swear that I'm not trying to sound conceited or condescending, because I'm anything but those. It just bugs me to see a badly written story get more response from it's readers than my well written story. But I've got no room to talk I suppose, since I've written like that before and gotten a ton of feedback.

I really do love you all times infinity! (: ?
July 3rd, 2011 at 08:40am