This Is Super Weird

Everyone out there has missed someone, right? And I mean REALLY missed them, not just a wishy-washy 'I miss so-and-so' when you haven't even bothered to make contact with them. The kind of missing where you honestly feel like you NEED to see the person or you're going to die a horrible death involving Ebola AIDS and a walrus.

Well, I'm having that. Right now. Over Crumpet. SHE'S IN BOSTON. FOR A MONTH. WHILE I'M IN MICHIGAN. *dramatic sob* And, you know, a month isn't really that long, and she'll be back in time for my birthday, but she's my best friend (with benefits. Maybe) and I miss the absolute crap out of her.

Now, I know you're all thinking "Bloody, what's so weird about that? Your friend is miles away and you miss her--that's perfectly normal!" Well, yes it is. Which is precisely what makes it so weird.

I'm going to be perfectly honest--I've never really had a lot of friends, really. So until now, I'd kind of detached myself from the pals I did have. Most of them were largely temporary (I can think of maybe one or two who I even talk to anymore) and I was able to be separate from them for long periods of time with relative ease. But now that I've made real friends (hopefully permanent), I'm finding it hard to not see them often. And this is completely foreign to me.

I don't like it. It's kind of frustrating to be so lonely during the summer--I used to cherish summer as my alone time, but now I'm not so sure I want to be alone.

Just needed to get that off of my chest. Sorry to be so whiny.
July 5th, 2011 at 04:22am