Homesick

As some of you may know, I'm up in North Carolina at the moment. I flew here from Florida June 26. I'm here because my sister needs someone to watch my niece while her and her husband are at work during the day. I thought it would be awesome to go up here and have fun with the family I rarely see during the year. I really love it up here.

However, as much as I love being in North Carolina and hate Florida, I miss home. I miss my mom and my brother. I miss talking on MSN. I miss my friends. I miss sleeping in my own bed and hugging my stuffed animals. I miss playing video games on my own TV. I miss my posters and my pillows and my wild cat blanket. I miss my cousin. I miss practically everything. Sure, I love being up here in North Carolina with my sister, brother-in-law, and niece in a nice townhouse, being spoiled with manicures and pedicures and going to the movies and swimming anytime I want, but...I don't know. Maybe it's because I'm not used to this special treatment and freedom my sister is giving me. I don't know. I've never been homesick before, so I don't know what to do to make me feel better.

Sorry to write you a novel, everyone, but I just needed that off my chest. I don't want to tell my sister and hurt her feelings. I guess I just want someone to cheer me up and make me not think about home.
July 10th, 2011 at 07:45am