Stop being so fricking mean and grow up!

A dear, dear friend of mine has posted several amazing stories on this site. They've all hundreds - in a few cases over a thousand - readers. Her stories are well developed, her characters all have real personality, and her writing is such that you become fully involved in the story through internal dialogue and well written descriptions.

However, despite how talented she is, some ignorant idiot came to her profile to attack her. She was told that her writing is "overdramatic" with characters who "act like they're fifteen." I won't post the entire message here (although I could -- I'm livid with this person), but she attacked the writing of my friend.

Despite some of the horrible things on this site (dialogue only, rapes, murders, kidnapping, hostage taking, stalking, ect) this person decided to attack one of the best writers I've seen on here. I'm not saying that only because I'm her friend. I'm saying that because she is truly, truly talented. She's also now terrified to post on this site in the fear of this bitch coming after her.

How dare you take away something that my friend loves doing so much. How dare you steal away her confidence? This is Mibba for God's sake. It's supposed to be fun. If I ever find out who you are or you come trolling her stories again, I will find a way to report you for bullying. I will. Was the "OMFG DID YOU READ EVERY HORRIBLE ROMANCE NOVEL EVER WITH THESE AWFUL OVERDRAMATIC PLOTS?" really necessary? That was possibly the single most immature way to leave that message. The use of "OMFG" alone was stupid, but was screaming at her through the computer necessary? Grow up and take your cave troll ways somewhere else.

----

PS: They're not overdramatic. They're things that real people deal with. If you really want to see things that are overdramatic and would never happen, go look at some of those stories about the players falling in love at first sight with some underage fan. Those are all over the place.

Honestly, some people make me sick.

And to my friend: Chin up, lovely. You've so many supporters who love you and your writing and look forward to your stories. I'm not going to try to push you, but I know what you're capable of and how fantastic your writing is. Don't let this moron steal away something you love.
July 10th, 2011 at 04:02pm