Why?

I went into the livingroom about an hour ago and my mom was watching the news. I decided I'd watch it with her while before I got back on Mibba. First it was the weather and I enjoyed the predictions and then it changed to a serious issue that hit me kinda hard. It was about hate crimes. Against homosexual/bisexual people.

Now I don't know about any of you, but I have my own bisexual and homosexual friends. They are some of the coolest, sweetest people I know and I love them so much. People are rude to them, but they just keep thier heads high and joke about it in front of people. But I know it hurts them, a lot.

Well, on the news, someone threatend a couple because they were holding hands. There was even a couple who was beat up because they held hands. They are alright, but had to go to the hospital. This totally devastated me and I've been in my room crying for the past hour. I keep thinking that it could be one of my friends next. One of my friends in the hospital just because of thier sexual oreintation.

I probably sound like a little kid when I say this, but why? Why are people so horrible to gay's and bisexuals? I get that it goes against some religions, but does that mean you have to treat them like dirt or like they are less than you? Why would anyone do that? How would you feel if someone did that to you just because you're straight?

I'm not trying to make anyone uncomfortable or offend anyone, but this is a serious matter and I get really torn up about it. Just because some people like the people of the same gender does not mean that they are not a human being with feelings. They love, just like you or me and they get hurt, just like you or me. I just wish people could see that. People who are homosexual or bisexual feel so bad sometimes that the KILL themselves. That's another life lost just because people can't accept them the way they are.

Maybe I'm just a child who doesn't get it. I mean, I'm only a freshman in highschool. Maybe I won't ever understand why people do what they do, but I have one thing to say. Actually, it's more like one thing to repeat.

"People say being gay is evil, well I think you're evil." ~Unknown. This can be true. If you purposely bully people because of thier sexual orientation or you hurt them because of it, that is just plain evil. Every think has a ripple effect. One mean thing you say can cause one more bruise, cut or death of someone else.

I'm sorry if I'm just rambeling, but like I said. I am seriously torn up about this.
July 13th, 2011 at 02:26am