Bashing on Celebrities.

Bashing on Celebrities.

I was going to post a mini-rant status about bashing celebs on Facebook, but I decided against it. Instead, Mibba, I present you with my mini-rant.

Why do people feel the need to go around and bash celebrities? On the internet, in videos, hate mail, and probably to their faces. I don't get it. Why hurt someone you don't even know? Just because they have a higher pitched voice than you would prefer? Because they're too fat, too ugly, too skinny, too amazing to be real, in your eyes?

Justin Bieber seems to be all getting a lot of hateful attention. I don't love him, personally, but I don't go around calling him a fag or gay. I don't go searching for him on the internet, just to call him names. Oh, and I certainly don't make, or attend, a specific day devoted to hating him. That's just sad.

Lots of, almost all, talented and beautiful people get hurtful things posted about them. Specificly, words that are meant to be harmful. Come on, people. It's like cyber-bullying. Bullying is wrong, we all know that, but yet we still go around making our hateful opinions of anyone known. I know kids or teenagers aren't the only ones to blame, even full-grown adults bash.

Let me just get to the point of this: would you want the things you said about anyone that you've bashed, been said to you? Whether the words would be true about you or not, would you? But, oh, no. They can't just be said from one person, no. Would you want a whole mass of people surrounding you and saying hurtful things about you? I wouldn't.

That is all. Bash me now, if you wish. It doesn't matter because I know that I have a hell of a lot better things to do than read and reply to those types of comments. So, ha. :)
July 13th, 2011 at 09:23am