Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2?! Oh my!

I just got in from the midnight premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. I feel like Harry has just destroyed a horcrux of my own! I literally feel like a part of me has died with the end of this series. It has been such a major part of my life for so long, I honestly don't know how to react without it! In my daily life, I quote Hermione. In my daily life, I quote Ron. And in my daily life, I quote Harry. So how am I supposed to deal when there will be no new quotes to delve upon?!

Now I know J.K. Rowling is writing another series along the same notes as Harry Potter, but it just won't be the same, you know? I grew up (to a certain extent) loving and reading the books and characters. I dressed up as Hermione for three years in a row for Halloween. Also, Pottermore will be able to keep us somewhat complacent.

Now I won't give any away spoilers because that would just be a jerk move. Bu the movie... Oh Lord, it was phenomenal!!!!! I can't convey how amazing it was. Not only was I very glad they split it up (I do not have the attention span to sit through a five hour movie) but the pacing was brilliant! They kept the right amounts in the first movie, and the right amounts in the conclusion. I was very happy with what they did with it.

Plus, I cannot stop thinking about the acting and how they portrayed the maturing of the characters. I know most of this is because of J.K. Rowling's brilliance, but the actors that showed it to us have a lot to be appluaded for.

The most standout for me, obviously, was the Golden Trio: Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson. The way they showed their characters maturing wasn't all acting, for they were maturing as well. And I am so very proud to say that I watched their careers literally grow.

I sound so pretentious in this entry, I know. But my mind is reeling, my makeup is smudged from crying and my heart is a-pitter-pattering! I need sleep though.

If any of you have seen the conclusion to the Harry Potter series, MESSAGE ME. I would love to chat about it with you!

"Whether you come back by page, or by screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you." - J.K. Rowling.
July 15th, 2011 at 12:36pm