Our Own Damn Fault.

They say the world is going to end. Most don’t believe it. But I say we just have to wait and see.

For the past hundred years, there have been rumours and beliefs that the world would end on particular dates. 1999, 2000, these dates have been stamped as a fake history of the world ending. 2012, however, deems to be different. Throughout the past two years alone, there have been over two hundred major natural disasters. It makes you think, doesn’t it? That with the supposed end of the world looming ever closer, why have there been so many disasters? Is it a sign? Is it a warning to us?

The ones that are safe in their homes, where they know they are not threatened by Mother Nature, can only sit and watch the world crumble beneath the weight of the elements.

Truth of the matter is that, sure, we are concerned about the lives that the disasters have destroyed, but only for a few days. Then we continue with our own lives, the events of the disasters pushed to the back of our minds. We are all human beings; we should be concerned for our fellow brothers and sisters. We should join as one and face what supernatural force will throw at us next.

The human race, however, is too busy destroying itself. War, for instance. Don’t make me bore you with the infinite details of how wrong it is to kill for peace. It defeats the whole purpose completely. War is legalised murder. It is the worst of ways to hold agreement. Global warming, the temperature of the earth is rising every year. Whole species of animals are being wiped out, some that haven’t even been discovered yet.

At the rate that we’re going, we will destroy ourselves way before any supernatural disaster will. We must stop and think of ways to keep our planet alive and controlled. Or the humans will be the only species ever to have killed itself.
July 17th, 2011 at 07:17pm