I Want to Write a Vampire Story

But not just any story. I want to write something that reminds people: Oh yeah, this is what vampires are supposed to be like: scary, B.A.'s who could snap me in half without even blinking. My intention for the story wouldn't be romance. Not even close. It'd probably be more along the lines of a thriller or horror. Though knowing me, romance would likely find it's way into the story at some point. What can I say? I'm a sucker for the stuff.

It wouldn't be about that though. It wouldn't be about the girl falling for the bad boy or the hero fighting a villainous nature. That is getting to be overdone and cliche really. Vampires are creatures who kill humans for their meal. There is nothing wrong with that. And I want a character who is just that. A vampire and very proud of what he is. Not sure about other characters, but he would definitely be the base character that starts everything off. I could easily move from there.

The real question is. Would anyone even want to read it? Especially with all the vampire stories around that really just...well they make vampires so disappointing. Would anyone even want to read an attempt at something like this?
July 18th, 2011 at 11:26pm