I Wish My Mom Found Love

It's something I think about, and something I feel empathetic about too. My mom has had relationships with 3 guys, all of whom are complete assholes. The first guy left her when she found out she was pregnant with my brother, the second guy (my dad) cheated on her until he kicked us out when I was 3 to get married to some lady who still thinks it's appropriate for me to call her "mom". I don't.

I feel sometimes if my brother and I were never born she'd have a better life. Do I wish I would've been given up for adoption or aborted? There are times, but I do love my mom and I don't want to trivialize any pain adopted children have over their biological parents. I digress, but the third guy my mom met and is still with is my step dad. They always fight and threaten divorce. I think it will happen once I'm an adult and I leave the house for good.

My mom was always at peace when she was single, although taking care of two problem children without a partner is hard she did a good job. I just wish she could've found someone who wouldn't treat her like shit. If my step dad wasn't an asshole I would perhaps consider him a second father. My relationship with my dad is....strange but i don't completely resent him as much as I used to.

I just look at my boyfriend and feel the warmth and comfort he gives me and I wish my mom could've had that. Or at least be happy now, but I hope that seeing me doing things like completing high school and making something of myself is the pride she needs. I'd be the first in my family to have an actual career and not to drop out and become an alcoholic or having children and an inconvenient time.

I hope that whatever my mom does, she finds happiness. And if she divorced my step dad and married someone else? I hope they bring her happiness. For the things she's done for me, I feel guilty for saying horrible things as a little kid. I think she deserves some positive recognition, and I encourage anyone who reads this to post something positive about their family as well.

And by family it doesn't have to be blood or people you live with. Whoever you consider your family is your family.

Thank you for reading!
July 19th, 2011 at 03:38am