i want to try a new thing here..

Okay, well i've never anything like this before on here or even on the internet, so let's how things turn out.

I have always wanted to be a creative writing teacher, always. But i didn't get on the fast track, slacked off and never went college hunting, never took the SAT's, and didn't really plan on going to college. Instead, i joined the military and did a 4 year stint as a combat medic.

After going around the world and fighting in the war and bungling around even more with my life, i'm now happily married and have a 4 year old girl.

Anyway, i still have yet to obtain my goal, and i know it will take work and time, just tough to do with a full time job and a family to raise. So, i've done some thinking and thought, "Why not try and have some writing work shop stuff on here?"

I don't know if anyone has tried it or would even be interested in it. I just think it'd be really constructive, fun, and well, fun.
On the rides home from work, i'm constantly thinking up new story ideas, song lyrics, and creative writing lessons. NOw i don't want to try to teach anyone anything on here, not about that at all. I just want to give out some creative writing ideas that i personally use to help me put out more poetry, story ideas, and chapters. I want to basically put out an idea that i have that will be fun and help us all get out of writers blocks or just want a fresh idea or POV on things.

SO i guess it's sort of a creative writing workshop thing. Here is today's idea thingy.

Okay, one thing i love about music is that it doesn't always need to have words to have a meaning. You can listen to motion picture soundtracks and just picture the emotion, turmoil, joy, fear, panic, and tragedy just through a symphony, symphasizer, orchestra, piano, guitar, drum,doesn'tmatter, each instrument seems to have an emotion of it's own attached to it.

So when i drive home from work sometimes, i'll listen to a song that doesn't have any lyrics, it's just instrumentals. It's not always an orchestra or symphony, nor is it always a piano, driving guitar riff, and heavy bass line. But each song invibes me with a different wave of emotions, as if the instruments/music itself is trying to evoke an emotion far deeper than words can describe, yet you can put them in words when you hear and feel it.

If you want to, listen to a song that has no lyrics. it can be whatever you want, just as long there are no lyrics sung or spoken. THe point of that is so that YOU yourself, can make the decision of what the song means to you, what you think the story or emotion is being felt out and told to you through audio symphonic brain massages. I want you to write a poem or short story about what that song made you feel and think about, what you think the story is behind it.

For me, i listened to "In a heartbeat" from 28 days later OST. Very deep and driving music there, the lone piano notes sound like elegant gentle footsteps, the drumbeat sounds like a racing heart beat, the bass guitar brings a heavy feeling of dread, as if an impossible task is at hand and it is necessary to complete no matter how painful. The acoustic guitar comes in and sounds like sadness, like a shuffling walk now, the other instruments still playing, the drumbeat gets heavier as the song continues, adding in the electric guitar brings the song into a chaotic culmination that now breathes complete distress, fear, anguish, excitement, pain, and utter inner defeat.

The end of the song is just a solitary acoustic guitar plugging out a sad dolcimer tune, as if an apology were at hand but it's too late to be forgiven for it will never be forgotten.

That's waht i got from my song, i'dlove to hear from you guys and see what songs you listend to and how it made you feel. If there is a good sized response to this and you all like this sort of thing, i'll see if i can come up with other things,you guys can come up with stuff too, id love to hear what creative ideas i can add to my style and narration.
July 21st, 2011 at 01:20am