I Really Don't Like Having This Feeling of Uncertainty.

I have been really excited about attending the college of my dreams in the fall. I mean, it's pretty much all I have been able to talk about for months. Something recently came up and I am no longer looking forward to it. As a majority of you may know, the US Economy suck right now. A ton of people are unemployed, my dad is one of them. He's been looking for a job for over a year and there is just nothing here for him. My mom is a waitress who works only three days a week and tries to pick up extra shifts when she can. As you can guess, her income really isn't cutting it for us anymore.

A few days ago she brought up that my parents might consider moving to where my sister and I are planning on going to college, since it's a bigger town/city and there might be more work for both of them there. My mom even brought up the fact that if they stay here she might have to pick up another job which means she might not get to help us move into our dorm. This upset me. I want both of my parents there when I move into my dorm. I don't want them to leave the town we live in now. I don't want them to leave their life behind.

Today we got a letter in the mail stating how much money we owe to the college we are going to be attending in the fall. We each got quite a bit of money, but it's not near enough what we need. My sister says our full amount from FAFSA will show up when we sign out master promissory notes which means the total cost will go down, but for some reason I get the feeling that it won't. I made it my goal this year to rid my life of all of the negativity and so far it's worked wonders for me, but this is just something that won't go away.

I am considering giving up my dream of going to college just so I can start work right away and try and help my parents out with the bills. I just don't like not knowing what is going to happen. I know that if I go off to college, things are going to be too much for my parents and things are not going to work out for either of us. It''s been a dream of mine to go to college for as long as I can remember. Now that it is coming true, it seems like it is getting ripped away from me. My mom says that she is going to do everything in her power to let my sister and I go to college, but right now that doesn't seem like it is going to happen.
July 22nd, 2011 at 04:36am