Ouija boards.

So a while ago, my friend Mara and I went to Toyrs R Us because she desperately wanted a ouija board. Not sure why, but that's besides the point. Anyway, they were sold out so then she turned to eBay.

She got her ouija board a week or so ago, and today when we stopped at her house so she could grab some clothes because she was spending the night, she came running out with the box as well. Not a big deal, because I didn't have much faith in it to begin with.

We finally got to my house and when my mom sees us messing around with it in the living room, she orders us outside. Which was weird since Nancy adores scary movies and things of that sort. So we go out on the porch, put our fingers on the planchette, ask a question and then...

Nothing.

After a long time of nothing, I decided to start pushing the planchette because that's what you do when you're using a ouija board. You push it and make the person you're playing with think that you're not. Mara, on the other hand, disagrees. She blames the lack of action on the fact that I'm a "non-believer".

Not necessarily true. I just don't think a mass produced game board is too legit.

Any interesting ouija board experiences?
July 26th, 2011 at 06:03am