English, and why it is so ridiculous

Sometimes, anyways.
I'm not bashing the very language I'm speaking or anything, but sometimes it just makes no sense.

For instant, how you typically use of the word go.

If you say I go to school or you go over there. Perfectly fine, right?

But what if you say I'm going to die? Pay attention to the word going here. If you read that bit of the sentence slowly, it contains a whole different meaning.

If you think about it, doesn't it sound like you I am willing to go and die. Doesn't it sound like I'm deliberately walk into a death trap, or something?

O_O What kind of language is that?! Well, actually, I found it funny when that thought popped into my mind.

In conclusion, I think go should only be used as a verb used to describe a body motion. I don't want to go and die. T_T

Another example is one.

One is singular, always have, always will. Unless, I'm learning it wrong or something.

Exhibit A: This one is pretty.
Exhibit B: These ones are pretty.

Quite contradicting, don't you think?One is just one; it's singular. Why put s after it? What were those intellectuals that created grammars doing?

I have a few more ideas, but I can't really remember from the top of my head. Do you, yourself, find any flaw in the very language you speak everyday? I would love to hear your ideas.

By the way, this is only a light-hearted journal. I'm doing it for some laughs. No harm done in the making of it, all right?
July 26th, 2011 at 08:51pm