Nice to know I almost died today...

I've decided long ago that I'm a very defensive driver. I don't tail-gate, and I hate being tail-gated. Oh, believe me. I will slow down intentionally to piss off someone who tailgates me. After three accidents that weren't my fault, I get paranoid when I'm driving, and I get easily pissed off by others.

I'm currently on my longest road trip yet: Driving from my small town of Sycamore, Illinois to San Diego, California. At this very moment, I'm in this little town called Rifle, Colorado, after two days of driving.

Well first of all, my car doesn't like the mountains, and I really hope it's just the hilly roads, and I'm not having car trouble. Come on, It's a 2,000 mile drive and I have 900 miles to go. Now is not the time. Other than that, Colorado is a very beautiful state to drive through once you get to the mountains.

It's not beautiful when you're on a two lane highway, some douchebag gets on said highway and flies across both lanes. I'm in the left lane, because I Hate driving in the right lane around highway entrances. Well this guy decides to not even pay attention and he almost sideswipes me near the front end of my car. This guy was in a huge pick-up truck, and I'm in a Hyundai Elantra. I don't feel like playing Chicken with that...

And not only did he almost sideswipe me: we were driving about 65 MPH I'm pretty sure if he did clip my front end, I would've freaked out, spun out, and probably flipped my car. Let's just say, that's the first time I laid on my horn at another driver, and if he didn't speed off faster than me, oh my middle finger would've been hanging out of my window. I was so tempted to floor my gas pedal and chase him down, but what would I get out of it? I'm glad enough to escape that little ordeal without an accident...

Yeah, that about gave me a heart attack, and I'm actually surprised I didn't get hit.

I'm starting to question why I actually decided to drive and not just fly. But I didn't wanna be stuck in San Diego bored out of my mind with no car...being stationed somewhere without a car is horrible. Public transportation only does so much...

Tomorrow I'll get to see Las Vegas for the first time in my almost 24 years of life. I'm excited, but it's not like I'm gonna stop and gamble. I'd be the one who would do it and win, and then e-mail my sponsor telling him I got discharged from the Navy because I hit a jackpot on a pit-stop in Vegas. LMFAO!!!!!
July 28th, 2011 at 06:49am