Anaxiphilia

:: the act of falling in love with the wrong person; love for or attraction to unsuitable mates.

And when I caught his eye I was lost at sea.
He was sixteen inches taller than me, and four years older. While walking through the woods I noticed how blue his eyes were and wondered why they all seemed to be that way lately. He kept asking me why I was looking at him, and I just shrugged and smiled at my shoes, silent. Because I challenged him, he walked behind me removing clothing as we went. He told me I looked beautiful standing at the edge of the cliff like that, with the mountains and the river and the sky at my skin; of course he used some different words. I didn't kiss him when I got the urge, because he was on the phone. He said I was too difficult to read, and that was the first time I kissed someone with more than stubble. I didn't even like him that way then. I just wanted to take our minds off sudden... 'betrayals'. We were caught by an impatient friend, and the young man in the driver's seat hardly spoke a word to me. I cursed his desertion and the taller boy asked if it was just for fun. And it was.

He said he was glad I wasn't into any of the boys at camp. It made him feel better. I should have known where he stood by then.

It wasn't until weeks later that I started to fancy him.

"If I ask you out and you say yes, will your parents kill me?"
"Probably."
"Would you tell them?"
"Probably not."
And then he kissed me and whispered against my lips. I kissed him back and breathed a simple "Yes."


le'Goosed.
August 1st, 2011 at 10:40am