You've been together for 3 months, that doesn't mean you're getting married [Rant Warning!]

If there is one thing that I cannot stand (and there are several things I can't stand) it is overly clingy couples who say they are in love before they've been together for one month. You are 17 years old, do you honestly believe that you're going to get married, have kids, and have a successful relationship at this point, or even in a few years? I realize that some people can pull this off, I even know adults who got married young and they are happy togther, many years later. But, being that lucky at love and meeting the one for you at such a young age isn't very likely. This is because when you are a teenager you are still learning and becoming the person you are supposed to be. People change all the time and someone who was perfect for you last year, might not be so perfect now. It's sad, but it's the honest truth.

Maybe things that happened earlier this year have made me more cynical than usual, but people who so firmly believe that their brand new girlfriend/boyfriend is the love of their life, well it frustrates me. Especially when they are too stubborn and defensive about even the smallest things. Or, when you invite your friend somewhere and they won't go because their girlfriend/boyfriend can't go. Are you seriously that attached that you can't be away from them for even a day? I guess our friendship means nothing to you now that your pretty girlfriend controls your life. Yeah, I'm just a bit annoyed and hurt as you can tell. D:

I'm writing this journal because I need to vent about my best friend and his relationship with his girlfriend of 3 months. I'm happy for him, don't get me wrong. But, when the two of them are only focused on each other and pretend not to hear me when I'm trying to talk to them and keep sucking face, well it's a little unsettling. Oh, and then there was that time that I was having a conversation with my friend and she grabbed his face, turned it towards her, and started making out with him.

Image

Okay, so even though I'm fuming inside I just say "Umm, ok. It's not like I was trying to have a conversation or anything." and they stop kissing and my friend says "I'm still listening."

Really? Because you playing tonsil hockey with your girlfriend doesn't sound like you're listening to me. Haha....that made me laugh a little to myself. Anyway, moving on from my weirdness, they continue to do things like this to me. Not to mention, they ditched me at warped tour for 2 hours. I couldn't find them and it was ungodly hot out. So, it took me to say that my phone was dying and that if they didn't find me before then that they'd be screwed for his girlfriend to text me "k" and then meet back up with me. Needless to say, I stood up and yelled at them. It takes A LOT for me to get really mad, but they crossed the line. And you know what she does? She just sits there and stares at me with this blank look while he yells back at me. He and I never even used to have little disagreements until she came along. She doesn’t even like when he stands next to me. She buts in the middle and puts her arms around him. We’re just friends, his last ex got that, but this girl doesn’t. His last ex and I became really good friends and she and I still talk. But this girl, she’s way too manipulative of him.

Our other friends don’t like how they spend every waking (and sleeping) moment together either. I don’t know if this is true or not and I don’t feel like asking him, but apparently they’ve had sex twice already. He always told me that he wanted to wait a long time before doing that. This girl has already had sex with her first boyfriend from last year. They lasted 3 months. Now, she and my friend are doing it too? I sure hope it’s not true. And now he’s saying that he’s going to marry her? I don’t know what I’d do if they got married. I’d never see him again, she’d keep him locked up so he can’t hang out with anybody else.

This was a pretty long journal but it felt good to let it out. I hope this journal doesn’t offend anybody in any way, that wasn’t my intention at all. I’m just frustrated because this girl is grabbing my best friend of almost my whole life away and he’s so blinded by love that he doesn’t see it while everyone else does. Am I wrong to be upset like this? Anybody have any advice?

If you’ve reached the bottom of this journal you are epically awesome. <3
August 2nd, 2011 at 06:50am