River Tubing (I Almost Drown) | MCR Concert | Fair Things

Gods, I haven't written a journal in ages xD

So anyways, I have three specific things that happened that are cool enough to write a journal about. Let's go in order, shall we?

Today, two of my friends and I went river tubing today. It's a fairly common activity in the town where I live since the river snakes through town, but it was still my first time. First off, we had to walk allllll the way across town (2.5-3 miles) because we couldn't take the trolly up to where we were gonna get in. Per usual, it's clothes over swim suits, so I had my glasses on and my car keys in my pocket. So that we didn't end up seperated, we tied our tubes together (they come with ropes).

Everything was fine and dandy until about the last third of our journey. We hit this one rock and my tube and Adara's were going opposite ways around the rock because they were attached. I was starting to say to untie them when my tube flipped. Now, normally this isn't much of a problem, but because of where it happened (in the rapids, of course ::facepalm:), I got thrown under. I came back up and still had my glasses on, and got thrown under again by rapids. I think I went under like... four times? Nearly drowned, anyways, one of the times, I felt my glasses slip off and I BARELY caught them by the edge of the frames. Adara threw them into her tube (which had a bottom) and then I was like, sort of dog paddling along after them to try and get back on my tube (the river was really low, so I was more like, walking on my hands, but anyways). When it got deeper I started swimming though, and I finally kinda got back on on my stomach. Apparently, all of this was really badass, according to Savanah xD But then I fell off again and just barely got back on clinging with my arms kinda. We finally got near the bank and grabbed a tree to stop long enough for me to stand and sit back in the tube. Needless to say, my shins and knees look terrible from getting banged against rocks. But I saved my glasses and my keys stayed in my pocket ::lmfao: Good thing though, 'cuz that would have been an awkward call to the eye doctors. (Hello? Yeah, I need to move my appointment up to ASAP. I um... lost my glasses. Yeah. I dunno, probably Texas by now. I was tubing.)

So, I didn't nearly drown... I just took a bath. In a natural setting. A high-powered jet bath. With rocks.

Second fun thing! My mum's taking me to go see MCR in Salt Lake City on Sept. 3rd! I'm so, so soooooo excited, 'cuz it's my first rock concert that I'll have paid for. (Okay, so technically it's my second concert but the story of the first concert is too long to tell here and I already wrote a novel up ^ there.) And I got the tickets yesterday, so that's wonderful :D Any other Mibbians going to this concert? :D

Finally, county fair has rolled around once again this year. But instead of entering anything, I'm going to be superintendant for the Creative Writing section! It's nothing much, just like, keeping track of entires and getting ribbons right and helping the judge out, but I'm still really excited. Especially since I didn't have anything to enter anyways.

So yeah... that was my day ::lmfao: I almost died, but it was worth it.
August 3rd, 2011 at 01:12am