Wow, really?

Sorry for the lack of creativity when it comes to titles, but it's really just about all that's been going through my mind today.

So me and my best friend decided that we were going to the mall today, right? Which is a pretty big deal because she moved away a year ago so we can't hang out that much. In all honesty, I'm the only one of our old friends that really ever sees her much anymore. Anyways, as we're getting in the car she tells me that she was talking to my ex earlier (they were really close friends before the move, back when we were going out and even before then) and he told her that they should meet up at the mall we were going to. So she tells him that we, in fact, are going to the mall.

And then she says that he said that we should all meet up.

You should probably know that it was a messy breakup, and after me trying to talk to him a few times, we haven't seen/spoken to each other in half a year. Another thing: I really miss him.

I got really excited. Like, maybe, just maybe, we can talk or something. Maybe we can be friends again, like we'd been all of our lives.

Then she says that she told him that I would be there, and he laughs, saying that he'll just ignore me and they can talk.

Needless to say, I felt like curling up into a ball right then. But since they hadn't seen each other since Christmas, I went with it.

So later, when they plan on meeting up, I told her that I was going to just wait at the bookstore until she comes back. And I was cool with that. But no. She couldn't go alone. Couldn't possibly go by herself a few yards away. So she pulls the 'Please? This means a lot to me,' sh*t. So I go.

And when he comes, they get off a f*cking walk away from me. So that I'm sitting on this bench, alone, trying to hide my tears. For around half an hour.

This entire time I'm just thinking 'Are you really this f*cking clueless? Or do you just want me to be hurting?'

Tell me Mibba: did I do something wrong? Is there something I'm missing?
August 3rd, 2011 at 03:15am