Things that make Rachel happy

This is going to be a list of things that make me happy.

Hockey - the best sport in the world to me. I don't know what I would do without my Sabres and Sharks. I love my Buffalo Boys to death, and the Sharks are really close behind them. I honestly don't know what I'd do with my life without them.

Penn State - Really, I love my school so much. There are so many amazing teachers and people there, and seeing everyone and everything makes me so happy. I love all the things there are to do on and off campus, and I just love everything about Penn State.

Burritos and tacos- Seriously, these are God's gift to the world. I love burritos, they're just so yummy and delicious and I can't even describe how much I love burritos and tacos.

Reading - This one's kind of obvious, but I love books and stories that can take me away from the real world, take me on a journey to worlds filled with magic and all sorts of other things. It just astounds me how words on a page can do that, and that's one of the things I love most about it.

David Bowie - David Bowie is a god. I love his music and his style. Whenever I'm feeling down, listening to his music can just bring me up so much. All the other bands I listen to do that, too, but Bowie can bring me up the most. I love it.

THON - This could go with Penn State, but I think it deserves it's own category. I love knowing that all the work that we do in a year can go towards such a wonderful organization. Four weekends a year, we go to people's houses and stand out on street corners or in front of stores collecting money to help kids fight cancer. For one weekend, 46 hours straight, we stand and we dance for these children. They come up to campus and we get to see the children we're helping to raise money for. Last year we raised over $9.5 million to help the Four Diamonds Fund at Hershey Medical Center. It's so wonderful knowing how strong these kids are, and it makes me happy knowing that we can help them.

So, what are some of the things you like?
August 4th, 2011 at 06:02am