Welcome To My Nightmare

Dreams are so weird, aren't they? Do they mean something, do they not?

Ever since I was about 13, I have been interested in dreams. I started studying Lucid Dreaming and have been keeping a dream journal for 8 years.

Every morning, I pull out my 10,000 Dreams Interpreted book and try to find out what my dreams mean, and write in my journal looking for common dream signs.

For anyone who doesn't know, 'dream signs' are common things that pop up in your dreams very often and mean the same thing. Sort of like if you always dream of your teeth falling out or of a certain person.

Anyway, with always analysing and recording my dreams, I always recall them very well.

Especially my nightmares, which are unfortunately quite frequent.

The usual nightmare for me is my "father" abusing my mother like he always used to and having my brother standing there watching but not helping her. I always wake up really sweaty with my heart pounding and on the verge of tears. It's been 2 years since I've lived with him and the anxiety and the memories of all this abuse still haunt me like it's still happening.

My most recent nightmare, however, was about my friends and I were in this abandoned factory making beer and this crazy murderer broke in and chased us around with a huge knife. We ended up smashing him over the head with a bottle and ran away - but in dreams, you know how you can never seem to run as fast as you would like?

Yeah.

Scary shit.

What about you guy? What was your last nightmare about and what do you do after them to calm down?

I've taken to keeping my TV on until I sleep and then having it automatically shut itself off...Yes, I am almost 21 and unable to sleep in the dark, what of it?! =p
August 7th, 2011 at 03:47pm