Cyberbullying... and Just Bullying in General

So..after watching the ABC Family Original Movie entitled "Cyberbullying", I felt I needed to share with all of you something that has been on my heart.

Before you read any further, I would like to say that I understand and respect fully the Constitutional right known as Freedom of Speech, and I welcome the diversity of opinions I believe everyone is entitled to.

But there is a difference between ignorance and opinion. Let's start with the movie. I will be the first to acknowledge that some aspects of the movie were a tad on the ridiculous side and overly dramatic. But the message behind the movie was pure, which few movies can say honestly about themselves. Basically, this movie is for those that suffer in silence. The ones who deal with the pain, hurt, and confusion that someone who has ever been bullied feels.

So, beyond the movie, let's talk about reality. If you are being or have been being bullied, I have been there. If you ever want to talk about it, I'm here. Or find someone you trust. But talk to someone. Don't let the bullies win. Love is louder than the pressure to be perfect. LOVE IS THE MOVEMENT. Stay strong.

I have so much more to say about this topic, but I'll leave you with this for now: Smile. You never know who is hurting in the world, and one smile could change everything. It sounds cheesy, but think about how good you feel when someone genuinely smiles at you.

Peace, Love, and Smiles,
Jordan
August 9th, 2011 at 03:01pm