Counting backwards by 7s

I hope everyone has been enjoying the new Asfwert updates! :) I'll try to be better from now on. I don't know when I'll have the next chapter ready, but I have part of it written.

In other news, it's been about three months since the break up. I haven't heard from Antonio, except for when I emailed him to ask him for his new address to send him his stuff. He told me again he wanted to stay friends and promised to keep in touch. That was two months ago. I haven't heard from him since.

I'm really tired of his broken promises, and I feel like I should be over him by now. The hope is gone, but the pain is still there. I've really, really tried to get over him, but the best I can do is push him to the back of my mind by writing, sewing, taking karate lessons, reading the Bible, praying, even counting backwards from a random number in intervals of seven.

I miss talking to him. I miss our jokes. I miss watching movies and playing Frisbee and eating too much at the Chinese buffet and having to take alka-seltzer tablets. I miss sleeping in his arms at night and waking up next to him. I know if he still cared about me at all, even as a friend, he'd contact me. It's so hard to believe I never cross his mind.

I'll see him again at church a week from this Sunday. I'm dreading it. I know he'll ignore me, pretend like nothing ever happened between us, pretend like I don't exist.

I really don't know how I'm going to get through the school year.
August 11th, 2011 at 12:42am