The Little Things

The Littlest things you pay attention to might grow up into the most important thing at that time.

Take my mom's favorite author for instance. "John Grisham writes really good books." At first I thought, yah, whatever mom. I don't care. I don't care who your favorite author is. It's not important.

But when it came to today, there was a book sale at a fair and all the books were free. I found a bunch of John Grisham books, took them home, and I'm still awaiting my moms arrival home to see her late birthday present.

I was also on tumblr one day, and I found this nerdy joke, where it was Rihanna's lyrics but sort of changed. Oh sodium sodium. Whats my name? Oh sodium sodium whats my name? I figured out that sodium's letters on the element table where Na. Rihanna's real lyrics were Oh na na. What's my name? Oh na na. Whats my name? It was just a joke, I thought. But a few days after in Science, the teacher asked the class what element on the element table was Na I waited for someone to answer, but when no one raised their hands, I raised mine.

"Sodium." I said. "Yes, thats correct." The teacher told me. I felt a small smile spread on my lips, and saw some of my classmates looking awed.

And maybe a favorite food could cause someone to not go anorexic. They'd probably miss that food too much, and it might mean something to them.

Or it could be a piece of jewelry. I would love to lie and tell you that I had a friend that had a piece of jewelry that meant the world to her, but I don't. I just can feel that someone out there has a piece of jewelry that means the world to them. And I'm not talking about wedding or engagement rings or promise rings.

Feelings. That's a very little thing thats been ignored for generations. I had this bunny, and my dad, my brother, and I were running late for church. I still had to feel my bunny Cuddles but my dad just shoved an opened bag of carrots in the cage, and we left. I didn't feel too good about that, and when we got home, Cuddles was dead. Sad story, really. I think Cuddles must've ate the plastic or something and died.

But the point is, don't shun the little things away. Remember them, and maybe a time will come where they mean something.
August 11th, 2011 at 05:19am